WuXi Biology enables project teams to rapidly advance their programs from discovery stage to preclinical candidate selection. Our comprehensive service platforms and scientific expertise provide end-to-end solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From small molecules, oligos, and peptides, to antibodies, cell, and gene therapies, we cover a wide range of modalities with fast turnaround times and quick study launches. Our advanced biochemical and structural biology capabilities, coupled with cutting-edge screening techniques and animal models support drug discovery research across all major target classes and disease areas, from hit ID to lead optimization and beyond.
Capabilities at a Glance
- >400 global collaborators including 14 partners from the top 20 pharmaceutical companies
- 4 locations, including 400 scientists working on in vitro and in vivo biology in Shanghai, 30 scientists in our pharmacology team in Suzhou, and 50 scientists in Qidong.
- CAP-certified FACS, as well as pathology services and a molecular testing Laboratory for clinical virology
- A total of ~400 biologists, offering plate-based screening, and pharmacology services under FTE or FFS models
- >30 Ph.Ds trained in US & Canada, 10 with >15 years R&D experience
- 43,000 sq Ft of Biology labs and AAALAC-accredited animal facility
- 50,000+ sq Ft of new small animal facility is under construction at Qidong, Jiangsu
WuXi Biology offers structural biology services with customized and integrated solutions to advance your discovery projects
in vitro Biology
WuXi Biology offers comprehensive assays services that cover all major therapeutic target classes to support the in vitro pharmacological characterization. Our in vitro biology services include HTS, SAR screening support, compound selectivity and early safety profiling, and cancer cell panel profiling.
- High Content Platform
- High Throughput Screening
- In Vitro Assays for Diabetes and Other Metabolic Diseases
- Cancer Cell Panel & In Vitro Oncology Assays
- Radioactive Assays
- GPCR, Transporter, NHR
- Cellular Assays
- Kinase Assay
- Ion Channel
- Enzymes/Biochemical Assays
- In vitro Safety Pharmacology ProfilingToxicology
in vivo Pharmacology
WuXi Biology has established multiple in vivo animal models to evaluate preclinical drug candidates. Each disease model is designed to understand specific aspects of drug property and its mechanism of action.
Infectious Disease Unit
WuXi Biology provides a comprehensive infectious disease platform from assay setup to clinical trial support.
Oncology and Immuno-oncology Unit
Our innovative platform covers all research needs ranging from target discovery, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, and translational research to clinical biomarker testing enabling drug discovery for cancer, autoimmune disease and rare genetic diseases (RGD).